Huf TPMS Valve and Sensor Installation Instructions
A) Self-locking (Torx) mounting screw
B) Wheel electronic unit (sensor)
C) Valve with shoulder seal
D) Spacer ring
E) Collar nut
F) Valve cap
G) Mounting Pin
1) Push valve (C) with wheel electronic unit (B) screwed on through valve hole of the rim. Put spacer ring (D) in place and screw collar nut (E) until contact.
2) Put the instaation pin into the radial boring of the valve and tighten collar nut with 4Nm (± 0.5) torque.
ATTENTION: Remove installation pin again immediately, otherwise, the tire will be damaged during further installation.
3) After removal of the installation pin, press the wheel electronic unit lightly into the deep well of the rim. Now tighten self-locking (Torx) mounting screw with 4 Nm (± 0.5) torque.
4) The wheel electronic unit must now lie flat in the drop center.
5) Now clamp the wheel onto the installation machine (in such a way that the installation head is located on the side opposite from the valve, meaning offset by 180 degrees. Rub soapy water onto the tire bead and rim lip. Now, slide the lower bead of the tire partly over the rim lip. Adjust the installation head on the rim lip and pull the lower tire bead onto the rim.
ATTENTION: During installation, attention must be paid to ensure that the tire bead does not press again the wheel electronic unit.
6) After the lower tire bead, pull the upper tire bead onto the rim as well. The valve must also be located on the opposite side of the installation head (offset by 180 degrees). Then remove the complete wheel from the tire mounting unit. Increase tire pressure without valve insert step-by-step to maximum 43.5 PSI (spring pressure - until tire bead slides uniformly over the safety shoulders). Now, screw new valve insert into place and fill tire to prescribed air pressure. Put valve cap in place and balance wheel.
7) Mount complete wheels onto the vehicle.
8) New initialization/calibration of the Huf TPMS sensor is necessary when: