Schrader 20158 TPMS Reset Procedures for Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC
Hey guys. We're back with another TPMSDirect how-to guide: Schrader 20158 TPMS Reset Procedures for Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC
OE TPMS Manufacturer: Schrader
Manufacturer Part Number: 20158
Your vehicle was equipped from the factory with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) that turns on every time you start the engine.
When new tire pressure sensors are installed, they must be registered to the vehicle using a sensor triggering tool.
1. Make sure all tires are inflated to the vehicle's recommended inflation pressures (found in the owner's manual on the door placard)
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY position and apply the parking brake.
3. At the same time, press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the keyless entry remove for several seconds.
4. The horn should sound letting you know that the vehicle has entered into TPMS relearn mode.
5. Place the top of the triggering tool against the driver's side front tire's sidewall aimed at the valve stem location.
6a. If using a VT10, hold down the left button until the horn sounds.
6b. If using a VT5, hold down the center button until the horn sounds.
6c. If using the VT15, press the left button, wait until the horn sounds, then press the right button.
7. The horn sound lets you know that the vehicle just registered that sensor.
8. You can now move on to the passenger side front tire.
9. Once again, place the triggering tool against the tire's sidewall at the valve stem location and push down the correct button.
10. Once the horn sounds you can move on to the passenger side rear tire and finish with the driver side rear tire.
11. Once the driver side rear tire is registered, the vehicle's horn should sound twice to note that the relearn procedure is complete.
12. You can now turn the vehicle off.
If there is a problem with the TPMS, "SERVICE TIRE MONITOR" will display on the DIC and the tire pressure indicator will flash for approximately one minute then stay lit. If you see one of these warnings, the system is off and is not monitoring the tire pressures.
This reset procedure is compatible with the following Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC models
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (714) 482-3996.